Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!!!

He's finally here!!! Arriving on his very own time (one day before the scheduled induction), Luke Buchanan McAnally was born at 4:27 p.m. on April 1, 2008.
Dave and I had enjoyed a relaxing day of Sonic runs and a trip to Babies 'R Us followed by dinner together at Salt Grass and a movie and we were rudely awaked at 3:30 a.m. by what I thought were gas pains. :) After approximately 7 hours of gas pains we decided to call the doctor and head into the hospital to get things checked out. We quickly threw our bags together and arrived at the hospital anticipating being sent home... instead we found out that I was over 6 cm dilated and 100% effaced! Dave and I got settled into our Labor and Delivery room and I received my epidural (hallelujah!) around 1:00 at which time I was a little over 7 cm. At 1:30 mom showed up and Dave headed for the couch for a nap (since the nurse had told us it would probably be later that evening before I started to push, and once I did start pushing up to two hours of that!). At 4:00 my doctor showed up to check on me and announced that I was ready to push... no sooner had she made the announcement than the equipment began rolling in and things really started moving. We woke Dave up from his nap just in time for him to stand by and hold my hand as I pushed for about 25 minutes. Dave was the one who got to announce to everyone that we had a baby boy and the moment was priceless! Luke arrived at 4:27 p.m., weighed 6 lb 15.9 oz and was 20.5" long. Here are some pics chronicling our first day as a family : )
Our last picture as just a "couple"


Pushing begins

It's a boy!

Dave cutting the cord



Our first snuggle :)


just a tad bit overwhelmed :)


Fresh from the oven




proud daddy



Us with Dr. Tricia

First family portrait :)


First time nursing



Checkin' us out for the first time



Getting checked out in the nursery




It was a long day

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016