Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at the Gaylord

 We visited the Gaylord Texan last year and had so much fun we decided to take our little monkeys (and their grandparents) back again this year.  Dave had a rare day off during this CRAZY busy time at the Country Club and so we skipped out on church this morning and headed to Grapevine.

We started the visit off with a quick stop by the fire - Luke kept talking about how "cozy" it was :)


It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a picture of these two where they're both looking, smiling and not making a goofball face... but I kind of love it!

  
Mason must have thought he did a good job, because he broke into clapping:

Both boys LOVED the trains...

But Mason was NOT a fan of the giant toy soldier:





Mason doesn't walk - he runs... EVERYWHERE!

Me and my baby/soon-to-be-middle with Hank the longhorn:

The shotgun shell lights crack me up every year...

Drumming on a wine barrel Christmas tree:


When he saw the life-size gingerbread house, Mason REALLY wanted to lick it!


The boys found more trains:


Oh. My. Word.
When did my baby get so stinkin' big?!?!?!



Dave and I with the Luke-Man :)

All my boys:

The boys kept running back and forth across this bridge and Mason was having THE BEST time:


Mason and Dave crack me up in the next pic:




Luke-man had to take a potty break and he was so proud that he tucked his shirt in all by himself:

Mason and Haha casually checkin' out some trains:

... and throwing coins in the fountain:


Luke threw all of his coins in in a matter of about 1.5 seconds :)

Can I just tell y'all how GRATEFUL I am that I took that pregnancy test on the morning that I had a van-full of baby items (including my handy double stroller) packed and ready to be consigned?!?!?!  You'l be seeing lots more of my beloved Joovy Ergo Caboose :)

Another recent must-have??? The Petunia Pickle Bottom stroller valet clips! AWESOME!!!

My little man is in there somewhere (with a mouthful of NutraGrain bar) :)

We ended our visit with one last stop by the "cozy fire".  The boys had so much fun checking everything out and running around.  I think this has definitely become an annual tradition.  Hopefully when they're a little bit older we'll add the "Ice" exhibit on to our trip as well.

This last picture cracks me up.  Luke is TERRIFIED of heights.  When we got to the parking garage Luke wanted to ride the elevator, but Gibi insisted that they hold hands, walk up the stairs and "conquer his fear".  When the rest of us got off the elevator with the stroller we saw this... 
...Gibi lugging Luke (who has a death grip on her neck) up the stairs. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016